All ELM 5.x and 6.x
- When launching the ELM console you receive an error stating the it was unable to connect to the ELM Server.
-“Error 0x8007042D, The service did not start due to a logon failure.”
-“Error 0x800706BE, Remote procedure call failed.”
- The logon account used by the ELM server does not have access to the SQL server.
- The SQL server service has stopped.
Check for a SQL Server login failure:
- Open Windows Event Viewer on the ELM Enterprise Manager server and go to the Application log.
- Look for an error from EEMSVR containing information similar to “Error connecting to Database…”
- If the error is found and the SQL service is started you will need to change the password for the ELM services.
- Open the properties on the ELM services and change the Log On account to a user account with database administrator rights to the ELM databases.
Start MS SQL Server service:
- Using the Windows Services MMC on the MS SQL server
- Start the “SQL Server” service entry
Last Modified: 3/4/2011
Last Reviewed: 3/4/2011
Article Type: Troubleshooting