Release Notes – ELM Enterprise Manager 7.0
The following fixes are included in release 220.127.116.11:
- Fixed: The Network bottleneck calculation is too sensitive. Adjust Network Interface\Bytes Total/sec formula. (3272)
- Fixed: The Monitor Job Queue is more robust. (3271)
- Fixed: Archiving SNMP data works correctly. (3269)
- Fixed: MMC Console Server and Agent At-a-Glance Views are more robust. (3268)
- Fixed: Recover from a rare SQL condition. (3267)
- Fixed: Rollover database pruning occurs when maintenance is run. (3265)
- Fixed: Upgrade respects database pruning schedule. (3264)
The following fixes are included in release 18.104.22.168:
- Fixed: Function correctly with non-English locale databases. (3260)
- Fixed: Increase size of Syslog receiver messages from about 4000 characters to 8192. (3259)
- Fixed: Format strings for a couple specialized event logs were incorrect. (3258)
- Fixed: SQL Express primary database rollovers are listed in the archive list. (3252)
- Fixed: Ensure passwords are never written in clear text to installation logs. (3250)
- Fixed: Removed MSG delimiter from Syslog Notifcation Methods. (3246)
The following fixes are included in release 22.214.171.124:
- Fixed: Keep SQL connection pool replenished by closing connections promptly. (3221)
- Added: Add an ‘Inverted’ column to agent charts in the ELM Dashboard. (3218)
- Fixed: Reset the trace log path on upgrade. (3216)
- Fixed: Creating an Event View from an Event Writer uses a correct Include Filter. (3215)
- Fixed: Make sending trusted server list to an ELM Agent asynchronous. (3214)
- Fixed: Only install LocalDB when the ELM Server component is added. (3206)
- Added: Add a ‘CustomCategory’ property to monitors and notification methods. (3205)
- Added: Add an ‘ELM Notification — Failed’ include filter to the ‘ELM Dashboard Status High’ event view. (3203)
- Fixed: Text in the Selected Row Details of the Dashboard is selectable and copiable. (3200)
- Fixed: The Dashboard splash screen is smaller. (3199)
The following fixes are included in release 126.96.36.199:
- Fixed:Default objects are always imported on upgrade. (3191)
- Fixed:Calculated Bottleneck thresholds could be too large. (3190)
The following fixes are included in release 188.8.131.52:
- Fixed: Mail Notifications using TLS now respect priority setting. (3186)
- Fixed: Default reports now all respect selecting monitoring category. (3184)
- Fixed: Help file updated. (1885)
The following fixes are included in release 184.108.40.206:
- Fixed: The default SMTP port is 25. (3181)
- Fixed: SMTP port for Email reports respects non-TLS port setting. (3177)
The following fixes are included in release 220.127.116.11:
- Fixed: Dashboard display will initially expand. (3164)
- Fixed: Email reports and notification methods correctly handle multiple recipients. (3160)
- Fixed: ELM Editor 6.5 report last result can be viewed from the ELM Console. (3151)
The following fixes are included in release 18.104.22.168:
- Fixed: Dashboard data display is more robust. (3148)
- Fixed: Upgrade attempts to redirect schedules to the correct default report. (3147)
- Fixed: Performance data collection is more reliable on upgrades. (3146)
- Fixed: Virtual ELM Agents collect more disk bottleneck data. (3131)
- Fixed: Added details to EEMSVR event id 5217. (3129)
- Fixed: EAM updates are functional. (3128)
The following fixes are included in release 22.214.171.124:
- Fixed: Security events new in Windows 2016 are parsed correctly. (3124)
- Fixed: Security Editor Reports show more data. (3123)
- Fixed: Agent Deployment Wizard is more reliable. (3122)
The following fixes are included in release 126.96.36.199:
- Initial release.
Web Page Monitor running at a Service Agent benefits from .NET Framework 4.5 or later
Added functionality in the Web Page Monitor, like using TLS 1.2 or ADFS authentication, requires the .NET Framework 4.5 or later. If not installed where the ELM Service Agent is running, and the Web Page Monitor is configured to run at the Agent, then the Monitor will silently switch to basic functionality.
Recommended workaround: Configure the Web Page Monitor to “Run At ELM Server,” or on a system where .NET Framework 4.5 or later is installed, or install the Framework on the system needing the added Monitor functionality.
Clustered ELM Server may not correctly report its status to Cluster Administrator
If failover takes a long time, Cluster Administrator may report the ELM Server resource as being offline, when the resource is actually online. The cause for this is currently under investigation.
Recommended workaround: Connect to the ELM Server using the ELM Console. Then, in Cluster Administrator, you should be able to right-click the ELM Server resource and bring it online.
ELM Agent can leave behind files
The ELM Agent can leave files behind if the Windows Configuration Monitor is running while it’s deleted.
Recommended workaround: Manually delete any files left behind.
Invalid Username or Password Error Installing on a Read-only or Backup Domain Controller
When installing an ELM Server or Service Agent (running under a user account) on a Read-only Domain Controller (RODC) or Backup Domain Controller (BDC), setup will try to programmatically grant Logon as a Service rights to the ELM Server service account or TNT Agent service account using the LSA APIs. This will fail because the RODC or BDC has a read-only replica of the SAM, thereby preventing the granting of this right on RODCs and BDCs.
Recommended workaround: Manually grant the service account Logon as a Service rights prior to installation.
Cannot Install If System Drive Low On Space
The MSI installer requires an approximate minimum 70MB free space on the %systemdrive% before it will proceed, even if other logical drives have over 70MB free space.
Recommended workaround: Free up disk space on the %systemdrive% and restart install. See the TNT Software web site (www.tntsoftware.com) for recommended system requirements.
Upgrading from ELM 6.5 or 6.7
Prior to upgrading to an ELM Version 7.0 product, you must first update to the latest release of ELM 6.5 or ELM 6.7, depending on which version you have installed. Please check your installation and verify that you are running the latest release available. These are listed below:
•ELM 6.5.184 (direct upgrade to ELM 7.0 is supported)
•ELM 6.7.159 (direct upgrade to ELM 7.0 is supported)